Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why I had an aneurism in class last night.

SO, I was sitting in my "Key Debates in Social Theory" lecture last night, when the lecturer flipped to his next powerpoint slide. I, being a good little student, was writing down what he was saying, and not really reading the slide because I have access to the slides on my computer, and therefore don't need to copy them verbatim. However, he took a break and was explaining something I pretty much understood, and with good reason. I looked up to read the slide and this is what I saw:




Being who I am, which is a vocal, not very subtle, person, I got visibly excited. To the point of my lecturer going "Are you alright?" To which I said "BILL RAMP IS MY FAVOURITE PROFESSOR!"

I wish I could say I was more cool about it than that, but it was in the top 3 most exciting moments of my life.  After class the Lecturer, Stephanie and I went out for a few drinks and he was like "Don't email your professor until you are sure its the right one, because that would be embarrassing for everyone" and I was like "No, its him. He's a theorist who writes a lot on Durkheim. That will be him." Then my prof here asked if "Professor Ramp" would even remember who I was, to which I replied "He better! He wrote you my reference letter, we're facebook friends, I call him "Bill"!

I hope there are people reading this who are as excited as I was.

5 comments:

  1. Ashleigh! That is exciting! I'm going down the hall right now to tell everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I don't know how Bill Ramp is... I am picturing you and I am very happy for you to be that excited... haha it's a funny visual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you getting all "JITTERY" like a disabled child would, stimming out waiting your turn to SCREAM :) (with love)

    ReplyDelete